Sorry for the delay in posting this recipe had a crazy few days but loving the half term holidays! After a few small losses I have decided to try to do a few red days this week to try and boost my weight loss.
I say a few because I live with boys and they can’t seem to comprehend a meal with out carbs!
So tonight the lovely boy made this delish meal to make me happy and to prove that red days can be very tasty and satisfying.
So here’s the brief recipe…
For the marinade:
2tbsp Teriyaki sauce (4 syns)
Grated clove of garlic
Inch of grated ginger
Pinch of five spice
For the dressing:
1tbsp olive oil (2 syns)
A splash of sesame oil (1 syn)
A grated chilli
Pinch of grated garlic
Pinch of grated ginger
Grated half red onion
1 teaspoon Balsamic vinager
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Pinch black pepper
2 tuna steaks
1. Mix the ingredients for the marinade and pour over the tuna steaks and leave to one side.
2. Put a large pan of boiling water on the hob and a frying pan on high heat.
3.Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
4. The pan should now be hot and the water should be boiling. Place the green beans and broccoli in the boiling water. Put the tuna in the frying pan.
5. Fry the tuna for 1 min max on each side and then flip it. Do not turn it or move it in between. If you want the tuna pinker then reduce the cooking time accordingly.
6. By this point the veggies should be done. Drain them and dress them immediately. The heat from the veggies means they will absorb the flavour.
Plate up veggies pop tuna on top and garnish with corriander, lime and fresh chillis ( to taste) !
3.5 syns a serving and worth it!
You can bring the syn count down by swapping the teriyaki for soy but I love the taste of teriyaki!
Let me know if you try this one!