This is a yummy, spicy, winter warmer.
Before I started Slimming World Chicken fajitas was a regular on the table at my house. I hadn’t attempted to do anything similar since doing SW because I didn’t think anything could compare to layers of spicy chicken with guacamole in a floury wrap.
However this recipe certainly comes close. It is a more saucy version of fajitas with tzatiki and rice.
- 2 x chicken breasts sliced.
- 2 x peppers
- 1 x onion
- 1 tin of tomatoes.
- 1 pack of old el paso fajita spice mix
For the Chicken:
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces. and coat in half the spice mix.
- Chop the peppers and onions into slices
- Heat a large frying pan and spray with fry light.
- Soften the onions and peppers over a medium heat for five mins
- Add the chicken.
- When the chicken is browned add the tomatoes and the rest of the spice mix.
- Leave to simmer for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges and Tzatziki