So as I have mentioned before I am lucky enough to have a chef as a boyfriend and although we rarely see each other when we do we often cook together however tonight he cooked for me!! And he made a completely slimming world friendly syn free curry! Perfect to warm us up with the snow coming down!
Makes 6 normal portions or 2 huge boy portions and 3 small portions!
3 chicken breasts
250ml beef stock
1 tbsp Tomato purée
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
4 cardamom pod
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
Thumb of ginger (grated)
1 chilli (depending on how hot you like it add more)
1 tsp sugar (1 syn optional)
Bunch of fresh coriander (leaves torn stalks finely chopped)
Fr the marinade
2 tbl spn garam masala
3 tbsp 0% fat natural yoghurt
1. Chop the chicken in to small pieces and marinade in the yoghurt and garam masala – over night if possible.
2. Add all the seeds to a dry pan on a medium heat for about a minute to get the flavours going.
3. Empty them into a pestle and mortar ( or a bowl and a rolling pin) and grind up. Add all other spices to the bowl apart from the cardamom pods and mix with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
4. Fry off onions garlic, ginger and chilli in fry light until soft on a low heat.
5. Add the spice mix and fry for one min.
6. Add a tbsp tomato purée and sugar and fry for 1 min.
7. Add the sliced pepper, chopped coriander stalks, marinaded chicken, chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil.
8. Simmer on a medium heat for around 20 mins or until chicken is cooked and the sauce is a good consistency.
9. Finish with a handful of coriander leaves.
Serve with rice, saag aloo (see recipe) and yoghurt.
Enjoy SG x